Saturday, July 30, 2011

3 am fun!

Not sure why but when 3 am rolls around Mother sure does like coming out. Recently, she likes waking up and looking around. When this happens we tell her it's ok and to go back to bed but that is not enough, sometimes. When this time rolls around we know that nonsense is going to come out. Sometimes it's that she wants her Mom (who is still alive), or she wants to go home (to heaven) or a combination of both when she wants to go home with her Mother. Whenever she does mention her Father she likes to remind us that he is in fact dead. Of course we know he is dead because he died before I was even born. I've be accustomed to dealing with Mother's rants but sometimes when she asks for her Mother I just want to say, "I know, I want my Mother too." We are simultaneously grieving but please let me have a moment to breathe and realize that I need to continue without my Mother. So what if she's not at my wedding, so what if she doesn't meet my kids....she will live forever in who I am and what she has taught me.

1 comment: