Thursday, July 7, 2011

Here, I can do it!

Today we went and played outside and Mother sat on the porch with Max and watched us. She wasn't really fond of being outside until our neighbor came over with his 1.5 yr old son. You know Mother loves babies and kids. She waved at him from the porch and after awhile we got her to come over and hang out. She was making faces at him and she really enjoyed being outside. We were playing with tennis balls and running around, well, we all know Mother wasn't doing any running! She is slower than slowskys. Melanie and I were throwing the ball when I turned to Mom and asked her if she wanted to play. I sort of said it jokingly but yet sort of serious because it would get her more involved with playing with everyone so when she exclaimed, "Here, I can do it!" and put her hands up I was a bit surprised. She did pretty well and she loved every bit of it. We tried to get her to throw overhand but she wouldn't. She threw with her right hand but she is left-handed. We asked her if normally did that later during the night and she said she did. Who knows? I definitely need a more reliable source than her though. It's unbelievable how well she did.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY WORD! This is incredible! It just goes to show that while this disease is a steady decline, sometimes even the predictable pattern can be wrong!!
    I've heard it likened to a light bulb in a socket that sometimes shorts out but sometimes works! (Like her reaction when Carly fell and started crying at the park....)

    ReplyDelete