Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tell me what you really think?

I'm not sure if it's a blessing or not but Mother is very blunt and will tell you something mean even if she doesn't mean it. I'm just glad most of the time we know what she is saying or trying to say and the other people around don't. I got my hair cut yesterday and of course Mother hates it. She looked at me and said, "Ew, your hair." Hey, at least she is talking to me and she noticed that something had changed. We usually try and tell Mother it's not nice to say things like that but she normally responds with "Shut up, bitch." At that point, we just laugh and so she laughs. Laughter is contagious even with dementia!

2 comments:

  1. My mother became as innocently tactless as a 3-yr old with strangers at the grocery store: Are you pregnant? was actually asked out loud, not just wondered silently. You're really TALL! To a man wearing a cowboy hat - Are you a cowboy? To the long-haired, pierced Emo kid bagging groceries: Are you a boy or a girl? (My then-12-yr old daughter was MORTIFIED!) Oh, and "Is that your real hair color?" reminded me so much of my (then-4-yr-old) daughter out of the blue, upon meeting her new school principal, asking "Are those your REAL teeth?" :-) We learned to roll with it. We all were asking those questions, Mom was just asking them OUT LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A follow-up to my commment - I'm Viki, I just haven't figured out how to change the settings on my newly-created Blogspot profile to have my name displayed. Please forgive the anonymous post!

    -- VIKI, 36, St. Louis MO

    ReplyDelete