Monday, November 18, 2013

Dreams

I know I haven't been feeling emotionally stable these days but I've been making progress until my wonderful dreams from last night. My dreams started with a nice trip to Spain, where I lived for a year, with Melanie and Kendra which was fantastic because I miss Spain so much. We were staying at this different type of hotel and I started to notice that the people staying there were a little off and my dementia radar went off so I went to talk to the jefa (boss lady) about it and sure enough we were staying at a dementia house the integrated tourists with the demented as a therapy. At that point I volunteered to stay their and aid the patients but before I could get a response I woke up. I was a little shaken by it but soon returned to sleep. 

My next dream ended up being very related to the precious dream. I went to the local grocery store with Trisha, a childhood friend, and bought some snacks and what not and when I walked out the door I saw a Mom standing in the parking lot about 50 ft away. After over a month of not seeing her Melanie picked her up for her first day pass out of the nursing home and surprised Mom with a visit to Dutchway, the grocery store/restaurant. It was also a surprise for me. I jolted across the parking lot; I was already sobbing uncontrollably. Before I could even reach Mother she had her arms out ready to give me a hug, a hug I've been waiting for for years. I embraced her and she surprisingly wasn't crying and she said, "it's ok. It's ok." After that we just cried together, embracing each other. I woke up with so many emotions. It was amazing to feel her hug and hear her say that but then again it was just a dream. Clearly, I was a little emotional today but I'm trying to be thankful for the beautiful moment we had in my dream and maybe, just maybe, I'll get my hug the next time I visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment