Monday, March 28, 2011

Excuse me, Fannie, what are you doing...?

My cat has divorced me! I catch her and Mother sleeping together all the time. It has become a weekly ritual between Mother, the cat, and I; we go to bed and Mother will meow and call for the cat and we lay together and then I'll get up and continue on with my things. The meowing is so funny but explaining it will only give you half of the hilarity (I guess I should try and record it!). The meow itself is quite unique because it's definitely not an inviting meow; i'm not sure if it sounds more like a cat that just got hit by a car or a cat in labor. That's not it folks, she sometimes gets her animal noises mixed up! 

I've heard her say, "Meow, meow, moo, moo", "here baby, come, ROOOOOARRRRRRR", and also a weird horse, african-clicking sort of noise too! Each night is a fun little game for us. There are also nights that cat just meows and she will go up and lay with her, it really seems like that cat is calling for her and every time Mother says, "oh, my baby" and goes up. 

Side-note: we've always called Mother different names even when she wasn't so "silly" like Ruth (our paternal Grandma's name), Carole (her real name) and Annie (her nickname) but for some reason lately I've been calling her Fannie, which isn't weird because we call Nancy (sis-in-law) Fancy sometimes, it must be an "f" thing.

She was laying right next to the kitty out cold. I didnt know what to do so I just left her there for the time being but later woke her up and moved her bed. She was not a happy camper.

Me:  Fannie, what are you doing in my bed?
Mother: mehhhhh, leave me alone
Me: Where I going to sleep?
Mother: The baby...
Me: The baby what? Here, let's go to your room and we'll bring her.
Mother: mehhh, what are we doing? Do i have to go somewhere?
Me: Nope, it's late we have to go to your bed to sleep and Melanie will wake you up in the morning to watch tv and eat.
Mother: ok. goodbye.

She's very abrupt when she is done with the conversation, haha. I'm not even joking but we literally hear, "what are we doing? do I have to go somewhere?" at least 6 times a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment