Monday, September 26, 2011

I have to go home!

Mother, Melanie, and Kendra surprised me at work on Saturday. It was so nice to see them. They had just eaten so Mother had food all over her and they even put a full 'bib' on her. It wasn't embarrassing or anything just a few spots. At first when things started to go downhill I felt a little embarrassed when I was in public with Mother because of the silly things she does but now I don't care because she's so beautiful inside and out. People don't know that she's sick and I certainly shouldn't have to worry about people and the way they react to her. So what if she waves at random people, says random things, walks really slow, etc..., people should look at everyone as a human being and treat them with kindness. Okay, I'm done with my dementia public service announcement and now will finish my story.

Mother was at the bar sitting with the ladies and she started to get her serious frown on and started complaining about how she wanted to go home, to our actual home and not die which like her use of baby because it takes some decoding to differentiate the two. She turns to us and finally tells us she has to go home and be with the babies, the dog and the cat. She was seriously distraught over the fact that she had been away from  her babies for a few hours. She often does this but this time she apparently missed them a lot. Their visit was cut short so Mother could go home to be with her babies and to have a medicated snack. The anxiety she gets even over being with her babies really takes a toll on her and it is necessary to make sure she gets her medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment