Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Annie didn't last too long

Mother had a good run going on of happiness but it didn't last. These happy moments I talk of our brief moments of glory out of many longer and drawn out moments of hmmm...DEMENTIA! Unpredictable and well, crazy. She still loves me tons which I continue to share with Melanie and Kendra. Hey, you never know when she'll not like me and turn her love to Melanie or Kendra so I have to take what I can get. Good thing she calls us all Mom and/or Meredith so either way I just pretend. Let's not forget that we in no way even compare to her babies (the dog, Max, and the cats).
Yesterday Mother was upset a lot. I'm really not sure why but she cried a good bit and was worried. She was medicated and all but sometimes she's just overwhelmed. When she stopped crying she kept her grumpy face on and basically sat with her arms crossed. It passed, came back, passed, and came back. She must have been missing me, ha ha. I returned in the evening with a piece of cheesecake from the cheesecake factory for her. She wasn't even impressed. I didn't even get a little sparkle in her eyes when I gave it to her. Sometimes when you bring Mother goodies she gives a wee smile, her eyes light up, and your heart melts. She wasn't one bit excited for it but it didn't stop her from inhaling it. I'm not sure she even tasted it. She looked at it, thought fire in the hole, and devoured it. That's my girl!
Below is my lady wearing one of my work shoes; they are 1.5 sizes too small for Mother but it didn't stop her from stealing them, I mean, one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment