Sunday, August 12, 2012

Little moments

Mother loves her avon and her avon magazines. Kendra will buy her stuff and always brings her home magazines. Mother will carry them around with her for days and show you different things. She has them right by her side and will randomly pick them up and look through them. Today she has showed me the magazine a few times and I ask her what she wants. Sometimes there's not much talking on her end but she loves just being engaged in a conversation.

Yet again Mother picked her magazine up and this time asked Melanie if she would like to look at the magazine (in dementia language of course) and Melanie responded, " No thank you. Maybe later." This did not please Mother at all. She put her frowny face on and looked away. If anyone looked at her face they would have thought that she just received really sad news. Poor girl. I looked at the magazine with her. Those little puppy eyes got me.

After our magazine time I returned to my seat and for about 10 minutes Mother was quiet until she suddenly sat up and said, "Mom? Where are you?" She then turned her head, saw Melanie, sighed with relief and said, "Oh, whoo." Oh, my silly Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment