Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Annie

I was gone all Monday and returned to the house on Tuesday afternoon to a joyous Mother. I walked in the door and she said, "Oh, honey, there you are. I missed you." I clearly was pumped by this and ran over to give her a hug. I'm used to giving a hug to Mother and not getting anything back. A one-sided hug. I like to put her arm around me sometimes to pretend she's actually hugging me back. Oh was I shocked when I wrapped my arms around Annie Bannie and she hugged me back like really hugged me back. I could tell she definitely put some emotion into it. Now that's how I like to start off my days. I definitely gloated to Kendra and Melanie about what happened. They're totally jealous.

Later in the day Mother and I were hanging out and all of the sudden she says, "Well, are you going to work?" and of course I think she is talking to me so I look over and see her looking at Max, the dog. Then, she says, "Hello, I'm talking to you. Are you going to answer me?" Oh Mother. She just likes to make sure her babies are taken care of. For the first time the other day I saw her trying to give Pepsi to the cat. I was quite impressed because she usually only tries to give it to Max; she's now expanding her sharing skills. Thatta girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment