Saturday, November 13, 2010

and the saga with the trash can continues...

I really dont get it but can you really understand dementia? I feel like Max, the dog, understands it way better. On trash day mornings he always wakes us up between 7-8 am to go out but I really think he is waking us up to make sure mother is acting a fool because of the trash cans. So this week I woke up because of the dog and as I walk by her room she is standing up, holding the curtain to the side, and staring out the window at the trash cans. Seriously, the trash cans really got her attention. So to prevent mother from trying to go outside and bring them in  I brought them in. I see many 7am wake up calls to get the trash cans on trash day. Cheers to Max for helping us out.

Maybe he is returning the favor because she shows him so much attention. She feeds him like he's human, gives him pepsi, and tucks him in how could he not want to help her out.

It has been a daily thing for me to tell her that its ok to go back to bed and that ill stay downstairs and "watch" the dog.

1 comment: