Friday, August 12, 2011

Being able to remember Mom

For awhile there I kept forgetting who my Mom was and it was making me really sad but the other day I thought of some of the moments I've had with Mom and just smiled. When I was young I would always stay up late on the couch so I could stay with Mom as long as possible. Usually, I fell  asleep on the couch and she brought me to bed. After all these years we are still doing that together, except she is the one falling asleep and I am (or my sisters are) taking her up to bed. Don't worry, we aren't slingy her over our shoulders and carrying her to her room. We wake her up and walk her to her bed and tuck her in. To be honest, she has stayed in Melanie's room a lot recently. She is more comfortable there and it helps to have a close eye on her (Her room is right next to Melanie's so either way she is always very close).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being brave enough to share your lives with the world right now. Your blog will help many people and hopefully unload some stress for you also. Would you mind discussing how your mother was diagnosed and what if any reaction she had? - My loved one is undergoing tests for FTLD. Nothing definitive yet. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its tough, really tough. I've been slacking on my blogging due to a bit of the downy dumps. If you want to email me at Meredithbbenson@gmail.com I can email you back details and you can keep me posted on the tests. I know the pain and it helps to be able to chat.

    ReplyDelete