Monday, August 15, 2011

It's going to be okay.

Mother likes to talk about dying a lot so it has become a normal part of our lives. There are different ways of dealing with it not from my perspective but from trying to help Mother feel better. Yesterday morning I went to use the ladies room and left the door open because Mother was in Melanie's room across from the bathroom. As I get ready to sit I see Mother start pulling down her pants getting ready to use the "toilet" which ironically is her spare bed in Melanie's room. My cat like reflexes took over and I was up saving the bed and landed Mother down on the actual toilet! After that Mother turned to me and said, "I want to die", I looked back at her and said, "You think you're special or something?" and she smiled and with that smile she forgot she wanted to die. Two close calls avoided.

No comments:

Post a Comment